Trader "Rework"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timberwolf

Rookie
Sep 21, 2021
I'm not sure if this is intentional but to me, there is a big flaw with how traders work that is somewhat forcing people to save their precious money for the most end-game gear they can get due to how the buy-back system works.

To the people that are not informed, traders are forced to make a minimum of 25% profit from an item's base price to whatever they sell from the business menu as it is a good enough money sink. This part is perfect, the issue is that when a player buys an item from a trader then decides to go for an upgrade and sell that item back, he loses more than half of the initial investment ( Around 65%) because traders have to buy it from the player for HALF of the item's original base price.

My suggestion is simple and it still keeps things with a fairly good money sink, my idea is to allow traders to buy back items for a minimum of 75% of the original base price instead of 50%. If the idea is not clear, I will show through examples what happens now and what would happen If the idea goes through.

HOW IT IS NOW:

Player comes to the trader to buy an item that the base price is 50.000, the trader decides to charge the minimum value, taking 25% profit. The value the player has to pay for the item is 62.500 and if he wants to return said item back to the trader, he will only get 25.000 rubles back, losing more than half of the invested amount.

HOW IT WOULD BE:

Player buys the item for 50.000, trader charges the minimum value taking 25% profit, making its value go for 62.500. Now that the player wants to upgrade to something new, he goes back to the trader and attempts to sell the item back. The trader offers 37.500 rubles, cutting the player's loss to only 25.000 instead of nearly 40 thousand.

While this seems like it's not a big difference, it will help players "lose" the fear of buying lower-tier items instead of aiming for the higher tier items they can because they know that buying any item will be a big hit to their pockets and certainly won't be worth it in the long run.​

Gutsy

Rookie
Staff Member
Sep 30, 2021
I actually understand this, he's right. My own brain process has been going "No reason to get lower tier kit because it depreciates way too fast"

Eigengrau

Rookie
Staff Member
May 17, 2021
The system we have in place at current is to prevent the economy from inflating too much. There's already a massive surplus of jobs nearly non-stop when the server is populated (not to mention loot and artifacts placed around the map), so if a player wants to recoup their loss they can do any of the above things to get their next suit. If players have gear fear, it's not gonna go away from a simple price hike from a buyback. We already have people running around with IO7A's after a week or less on the server and any player can get enough money to buy a Sunrise in the first place after 1-2 days doing jobs or whatever else. It's really not that difficult to put in the grind if you really want that suit upgrade. Not to mention, technicians can always upgrade the suits to begin with.

Anatoli

Rookie
Staff Member
May 17, 2021
Adding onto this, it allows admins especially during choice HRHRs and events to drop guns and low tier armor so that we can more easily manage loot goblining without compromising and reintroducing equipment integrity. Problems arise when certain individuals would gun for loot, claim majority responsibility during an event due to their already inflated kit which would essentially create a funnel and differential. This isn’t so much the case and there are differences, especially in event frequency, but creating an equal platform for advancement has always been a tenet of this server and it’s previous iterations.

On the other end, it also allows stalkers to circulate weapons and suits on their own terms, establishing trade between independent parties and encouraging interaction and potential conflict. It’s not perfect, but I can definitely see how much worse it can get.

Timberwolf

Rookie
Sep 21, 2021
The system we have in place at current is to prevent the economy from inflating too much. There's already a massive surplus of jobs nearly non-stop when the server is populated (not to mention loot and artifacts placed around the map), so if a player wants to recoup their loss they can do any of the above things to get their next suit. If players have gear fear, it's not gonna go away from a simple price hike from a buyback. We already have people running around with IO7A's after a week or less on the server and any player can get enough money to buy a Sunrise in the first place after 1-2 days doing jobs or whatever else. It's really not that difficult to put in the grind if you really want that suit upgrade. Not to mention, technicians can always upgrade the suits to begin with.
The amount of payment people are receiving or the lack of upgrades capacity is not the issue. I know you can get some good stuff if you put enough effort into the server. The gear fear is being caused not by the fact you can lose them ( which would be slightly understandable ), people are just afraid of buying gear because of how depreciating it can be to buy something for 100k for example, and then, as you want to have an upgrade and sell it back to a trader, you only get 36k out of it.

Of course, this can affect loot pools during events but this can always be fixed by using the durability system, dropping weapons durability to 30% or something, and making a way to implement it into the trader system as well to the technician systems to make them more useful.

On the other end, it also allows stalkers to circulate weapons and suits on their own terms, establishing trade between independent parties and encouraging interaction and potential conflict. It’s not perfect, but I can definitely see how much worse it can get.
The only items that will be kept in circulation are the ones that are either much needed or player-made metas like SVTs for example, let's be honest. Trades between players rarely happen, things are being constantly injected into the server's economy from traders instead of using what is in circulation. There is a lot of room to expand a couple of systems currently being used on the server.

Eigengrau

Rookie
Staff Member
May 17, 2021
It'll be ok, the system is not going to be changed at present. You've been here for about a week- the server has been up for about three months, forgive me if we don't take the word of the minority to affect the majority. In fact, I've personally witnessed player trades happening... quite often. Honestly, these criticisms come from poor understanding of how the server's economy works at present. I'm really not gonna entertain this nitpicking and argue with you again for an hour. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.